" The sky is clear after that stormy night
Sun is bright and the clouds out of sight
A gentle breeze turning violent at times
Bemusing all with its bitter surprise
Standing with others, I am doing my best
To judge the winds while planning conquest.
The gregarious some are fenced by their peers
Working together they are speeding near
And I see the lonesome others, persistent and ardent
Struggling with their papers but still being fervent
As I peek inside me and wonder where I belong
A voice echoes that I was both all along.
Ah! the winds have now turned favourable for good
Bringing surge in ardor and a boost in the mood
A Sudden rush of adrenaline is now filling the cavity
Left behind by failed attempts and depressing reality
Enthralled by the lofty winds, I could seeThe urge in those papers to go up and be free.
Far away, holding the string is an innocent soul
who has tall dreams and majestic goals
A relentless stress swiftly builds up inside
In the string that he pulls to reach new heights
As flinty tension breaks the rythem of the flight
Lost are the dreams now and so is the fight.
Suddenly, an analogy is evolving in my mind
Isn't this game similar to the story of man kind
A Career in the making is the kite flying high
Aided by the winds that are Opportunities in disguise
Restrained in motion and often indulging in strife
Tied with the string that resembles dear Life
As I witness that little boy's despair and his crying
I search for the one who can teach me the art of kite-flying! "
- Mohit


Beautifully written .. nice Work Mate
ReplyDeleteI loved the 2nd stanza... never thought this way... but still can relate so quickly :)
ReplyDelete